Buying a home is a part of the American Dream. There are many reasons to purchase of a home and the following information provided by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® and posted by David Stewart explains seven (7) benefits of home ownership.
If you're considering the purchase of a home, condo, or townhome in Lafayette, LA or greater Acadiana, contact us! We can help match you with the property that best meets your needs and goals.
We set the standard for exceptional service in Lafayette, Abbeville, Breaux Bridge, Broussard, Carencro, Crowley, New Iberia, Opelousas, Rayne, Scott, St. Martinville, Ville Platte, and Youngsville.
2314 Kaliste Saloom Road, Lafayette, LA 70508-6835 (337) 212-5373
7 Reasons to Own Your Home
1. Tax breaks. The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, as well as some of the costs involved in buying your home.
2. Appreciation. Real estate has long-term, stable growth in value. While year-to-year fluctuations are normal, median existing-home sale prices have increased on average 6.5 percent each year from 1972 through 2005, and increased 88.5 percent over the last 10 years, according to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. In addition, the number of U.S. households is expected to rise 15 percent over the next decade, creating continued high demand for housing.
3. Equity. Money paid for rent is money that you'll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
4. Savings. Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, you can generally take up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple) as gain without owing any federal income tax.
5. Predictability. Unlike rent, your fixed-mortgage payments don't rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will increase.
6. Freedom. The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and benefit from your investment for as long as you own the home.
7. Stability. Remaining in one neighborhood for several years gives you a chance to participate in community activities, lets you and your family establish lasting friendships, and offers your children the benefit of educational continuity.
Online resources: To calculate whether buying is the best financial option for you, use the "Buy vs. Rent" calculator at www.GinnieMae.gov.
This has been Reprinted from REALTOR® magazine (REALTOR.org/realtormag http://www.realtor.org/realtormag) with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
We set the standard for EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE in Acadiana!
i List For Less Realty is home officed in Lafayette, and services the surrounding communities of Abbeville, Breaux Bridge, Broussard, Carencro, Crowley, New Iberia, Opelousas, Rayne, Scott, Saint Martinville, Sunset, and Youngsville.
2314 Kaliste Saloom Road, Suite 913, Lafayette, LA 70508-6835
DISCLAIMER: Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC disclaims responsibility for any of the content or opinions expressed in this blog, including, but not limited to content or opinions regarding any products or service mentioned. Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC disclaims liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect. that may result from the use of, or reliance on, information contained in this blog. This blog may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to access the information contained therein. Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC disclaims any responsibility for the content of any other sites or the products or services that may be offered on or through those sites. Inclusion of a link to another site does not indicate any endorsement or approval of the site or its content. Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC reserves the right to edit, remove or deny access to individuals or content that it determines to be unacceptable, including, but not limited to, any illegal, abusive, profane, rude, defamatory, or anonymous comments. Copyright © 2011 By Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright © 2011 By Mike Mayer and/or i List For Less, LLC. All Rights Reserved.